Saturday 31 May 2008

What's the point?

OK, at the moment I have several projects on the go, and none of them I can get motivated about at the moment, because they feel pointless. This is the trouble with writing scripts and screenplays, they don't feel complete until they have been made.

The projects are as follows:

Music to watch the world go by (Previously known as RSF) - This screenplay is written up to second draft standard, and now I can't do anything with it as I cannot afford to make it! Oh well, maybe next year

First Night - This musical is plotted with 3 or 4 songs completed, along with several pages of dialogue, but at the moment I can't seem to get on with it cos I don't forsee any time when it will get performed!

My First Alien Invasion Movie - Again, this screenplay has been plotted, and about 6 pages of script have actually been written, but what was designed to be my cheap B-Movie has got infinitely more complicated, and therefore I can't afford to shoot this either!

37 - This screenplay doesn't exist beyond vague plot ideas in my head, and one day I might write it!

Untitled Novel - This is exactly what it sounds like, and while this may turn out to be the best idea, as unlike a film or show the written product I create would be the final product, the trouble is I find it hard to write prose!

So, my question to you guys is this.

Is it worth me writing anything?

No comments: