Friday 9 May 2008

Doctor Who 4.5 - The Poison Sky

I know that this is really late, and I apologise for that. There is no real excuse other than... well I don't really know. Was hungover on Sunday and then I just havent got round to it!

So... What did I think of the episode?

I liked it. It was a good continuation of the previous part, and all in all it was an entertaining episode.

Not amazing, but entertaining nonetheless.

We got a reference to the Brig (YAYYY!!!), We got to see Donna hit a Sontaran with a mallet, and we got a resolution to the issue that, whilst it was scientific nonsense (burning the top layer of the atmosphere? Please....) felt like a good proper solution rather than pointing a sonic screwdriver at a problem!!

Martha was underused, even as her evil clone twin, and I was sad to see the demise of Ross, but all in all I enjoyed it.

Oh, but what was the point of that cliffhanger? The one with Wilf in the car seemed to be there just to create unneeded tension, and whilst it did not feel as weak as some classic Who cliffhangers (the ACTUAL cliffhanger in Dragonfire springs to mind), did feel rather pointless.

Next week? The Doctors Daughter.

I can't begin to express how ambivalent I am about this idea. And I know that I have no details about this episode... but I am hoping it blows me away....

No comments: