Saturday 10 January 2009

Composers Block, Script Readers and Exploding Televisions

I realised that in my last posts, I didn't wish you all happy new year. So consider this that belated greeting.

So, I'm struggling quite a lot this week with Composers block. I'm trying to write the five (I think it's five) new songs for Wonderland, and I can't really get going on any of them. I always find it much harder to unblock musically than I do if I'm writing script, don't know why, I just do. So I am casting around for any idea I can grab onto to get writing again. So for the moment, I am typing this entry whilst watching West Wing on my small TV.

Speaking of writing (as I so often do) I could do with a few people to read the script for my Record Shop Film and give me constructive criticism so that I can decide whether I should pull my finger out to try and find the funding to shoot it this year or not. Any volunteers please email me - michaelbraunton@hotmail.com

And finally, my television exploded! Which was irritating. However, thanks to the wonderfulness of a lovely ex-work colleague of mine called Karen, a new (old) one is on its way to me today :)

Anyway, if i dont manage to write anything I'm sure I shall be back in a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember reading that script a while back while I was working at HMV. Personally, I loved the idea and thought it would make a good film.

Obviously, you've probably redone it a few times since then but I thought it had potential.

Even if it does need some original non-main-character names... :P