Monday 22 October 2007

Bit of a catch up

So, I know I haven't blogged for a while, and a big part of that is that I don't want to become a 26 (nearly 27, don't forget peoples, Brawny Birthday on 5th November) year old whiner who complains about his life, and that's the mood I've been in lately. So I decided not to bother blogging at all. Happily I am back, and have been thinking on a more serious topic than normal.

World Finance.

Now, I know I'm no expert, and believe me, what little research I have done into this is unhelpful and not substantiated, but I'm confused about the concept of the Bank that lends countries Money.

How the hell does that work?

From my very small amounts of reading, the majority, if not all, of countries have a national debt - i.e. money that they owe to someone.

My question is, to who?

Is it the World Bank, which according to what I have read, gives out loans to developing countries?

If so, where does that money come from?

Bottom line, if the World Bank (or whichever company / country / conglomerate) demanded it's money back from all the countries, who would pay it and where would it go?

I don't know why I've been thinking about this, I just have....

"So how is the rest of your life?" I hear you ask...

It's fine thanks. RSF is still being written. Slowly, but being written.

Other than that, not much going on.

Catch ya soon

No comments: