Sunday 13 December 2009

Well - The Internet Finally Got Me

You remember when Internet shopping was just a fad that only geeks did, and everyone said "Oh be careful, you never know what you're buying, someone will rip you off"? Well I never had an issue with it then...

Shame I do now.

I attempted to buy a DVD from a retailer I had never used before last week, and said DVD was for a Christmas Present. They were very efficient and sent me e-mails confirming my order, confirming every change in it's order status, and telling me when it was sent out.

However, when I received it (or rather, when I picked it up from the Post Office on Saturday because I'd had one of the stupid little red cards again) I was less than impressed. It was a bootleg.

Don't get me wrong, it was a pretty well made bootleg - but there are signs, and the picture quality wasn't as good as it should have been, and there's no way I'm giving it to someone as a Christmas present.

So this is just to warn you - the website www.dvd4utoo.com - sells bootlegs. (I'm not going to link them, because then they get the attention). The Paypal name utilised by the seller is Benaya. And my advice is as follows:

Don't go near it.

Thus ends Brawny's public announcement, go about your daily business.

(Next blog will be funnier / more informative, I promise)

1 comment:

Blue Rotkev said...

I just ordered three Disney DVD's. Normally I'd spot that £7.50 was too good to be true, but as I've been a complete tool, I shall wait for them to turn up then, if they are as s*** as yours I shall see to it that said site is closed. Permanently.