Thursday 23 April 2009

Job Applications and Gluing Wonderland Together

So, I've applied for two jobs in the Poole/Bournemouth area today - One at the BIC and one at Bryanston School.

Ironically, they are both positions I have applied for before, and consequentially I do not hold out a great deal of hope (particularly at the BIC, as I know they tend to employ their own casual staff when a permanent position opens up)

But there we are.

Also - I've started the great Wonderland glue job.

What do you mean by that Brawny? I hear you ask....

*Listens expectantly, is disappointed when no-one asks, but decides not to pursue the point*

Well, I recorded a selection of wonderful studio singers to record Wonderland vocals for me over Easter, but as my wonderful Multi-track machine is dying, I had to do it the old fashioned way, recording a microphone to minidisc and playing the backing track through a seperate system. On the positive side, this has worked well.

On the negative side, it means I now have to seperate every take and glue each one into it's specific position in the song. And then record my own vocals.... It's gonna take some effort....

So I'm procrastinating and off to read a book :)

No comments: